NOTE: For first time users, we recommend you read the First Time User’s Guide included with your kit for a more detailed explanation.
- Ensure all devices are powered off
- Turn D-Link on
- In iPad Settings>Wifi wait for SpeedLAN_X (Or maybe SpeedLAN_RED with older systems)
- When visible connect to SpeedLAN_X
- If asked, the password is ‘speedlight’
- Turn on SpeedLink (Wait for one minute)
- Open SpeedLight App on your iPad
- Go to ‘Setup & Connection’ page
- If you get a ‘No IP’ error start again
- Select a preset test & turn gates on
- Drag and drop gates in appropriate locations
- Go to ‘Run Test’ page
- Arm System
- Ensure your SpeedLink is placed in an elevated position
i.e. put the SpeedLink on top of the SpeedLight carry case, a table, etc.
NEVER PUT THE SPEEDLINK ON THE GROUND
- Keep the D-Link at least 40cm (16”) away from the SpeedLink
- Make sure all antennas are pointing upwards
This includes Gates, SpeedLinks, SpeedStarts, and SpeedReaders
- Are your antenna connectors loose?
A loose antenna fitting can result in internal damage that will limit the range of your devices significantly and causes slowing of system response.