A bug exists in iOS which can occasionally cause an issue obtaining a valid IP address for your SpeedLink Wi-Fi network.
After connecting to your SpeedLink Wi-Fi network, and progressing to the Setup & Connection page in the SpeedLight app, you may see an error message such as the below.
If you see this message, firstly ensure the SpeedLink is ready, and you have entered the correct IP address in the User Options as explained in the onscreen text.
Note: If you do not have an IP address label printed on the front of your SpeedLink, your IP address will be the default value of 192.168.1.115
If you are still seeing the same error message, carry out the following procedure:
- Force close the SpeedLight app
- Go to your iPad Wi-Fi Settings, where you should see you are already connected to your SpeedLink Wi-Fi network (blue tick next to SSID)
- Tap on the SpeedLink Wi-Fi network to display the network configuration
- Under “IPV4 ADDRESS”, select “Configure IP – Automatic”
- Select “Manual”, and type the following values into the fields shown
- IP Address: 192.168.1.20
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Router: 192.168.1.115
6. Tap “Save” in the top right corner.
7. Open the SpeedLight app, and open the Setup & Connection tab.
The SpeedLight app should now successfully connect to your SpeedLink and you are ready to return to testing.
Your iPad should now hold these manually entered values into the future, so you do not need to repeat this procedure.
If you still continue to have issues connecting to your SpeedLink, please contact [email protected] for further assistance.